Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tired of the to do list?

Is it just me or does it seem like the To Do List just keeps growing and growing and growing?  I keep piling it on adding more and more to the list until I feel like I want to completely shut down.  Why oh why do I do this?  It's all me doing it to myself!  I bet I could remove 90% of the things on my list and it wouldn't make one difference to my life. 

I guess this is a way for me to try and exert some type of control over my life.  I am not getting enough sleep, the toddler just won't sleep through the night, this somehow feels like my fault or something that should be within my control, and I have way too much to do!  And so much of it is my personal life and where does my professional work come in?  Then I beat myself up for not doing more work and doing all personal stuff...UGH!

You see the pattern?  I work myself into a frenzy and get all stressed out.  So I am going to do something about it. 

DEEP BREATH

First step, make myself some lunch and eat without distractions.  CHECK Next step, clean off my desk.  CHECK  Reduce work to-do list.  CHECK (reduced to 2 items)  Reduce personal to-do list CHECK (reduced to 1 item). 

Now all that's left is to complete those items and then CHILL.  Go home, pick up the toddler, make dinner, play, take a bath and go to bed. 

Everything else can wait until tomorrow.

Ah, I feel much better now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment