Thursday, February 21, 2013

Checking in on feelings and food + numbers

I've been trying to check in with my feelings today, so far I've done it twice which I actually feel is a pretty big success!  Feeling a whole range of emotions today:

  • Some sadness
  • Contentedness
  • Excitement
  • Fear
  • Nervousness
  • Scattered

In reading one of Karen's blog posts today, I realized that when my emotions got overwhelming, my mom often didn't know how to handle that. Her own emotions are often overwhelming and she has to calm herself down. 

The only thing I ever remember her saying is that you should give yourself 15 minutes for a "pity party" and then move on.  But going through adolescence, I remember there were months when I couldn't "snap out of it" and she got very frustrated, not surprisingly.  But I had no idea what to do to change it. 

I also was encouraged by the concept that "the world is so much richer and more interesting with emotions."  It gives me a positive feeling about doing this work.

It will take me some time to remember to check in and that is obviously the first step.  In addition, I am going to go back through the Food and Feelings Workbook and reread it for new insight.

Here's a breakdown of my day:

 
Meal TypeFoodTimeBS
Wednesday Evening SnackCheese (not very late, only about 8:30p)Fasting98
BreakfastCheerios with milk2 hours after bfast90
LunchEnchiladas with sour cream2 hours after lunch106
SnackSteel cut oats with splenda and half and half (not a fan of splenda for this meal)
Dinner
Snack

No comments:

Post a Comment