Friday, September 13, 2013

Feelings After Binge

Karen Koenig posted on her blog about Mood and Unhealthy Foods and asked us to think about what emotions we feel after eating unhealthy foods. 

I made a list and this is what I came up with:
  • manic
  • relief
  • insatiable (I want more, more, more)
  • deserving of a treat

Not really what I expected to find out but, then again, I guess that's what these exercises are for.  Reading this list made me realize (again) that maybe my issue is anxiety rather than food.  If I can continue to work on keeping my anxiety level low and, when it gets high, find alternative ways to help myself rather than turning to a binge, I can begin to overcome this enormous road block.

What emotions do you feel after you binge?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, anxiety is a huge eating trigger for me. Thanks for the reminder. Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete