Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The scale is sucking me in!

I've been weighing myself!  It's something I'd gotten away from happily because it's not a good measure for how I am doing.  It seemed counter intuitive to me when I first started normal eating but now it makes complete sense.

What results from weighing myself?  Feeling frustrated, unhappy, disappointed, ashamed.  While all of those feelings are okay to have, they aren't ones that are conducive to moving forward on my journey.  Mostly because they just make me want to eat.  And they make me feel bad about myself.

So I am officially giving up the scale once more.  I can measure how I am doing based on:
  • How often I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm satisfied
  • Success in talking myself down when I want to eat but am not hungry
  • Figuring out what my true need is (since it isn't food!)
  • Giving myself what I truly need
  • Managing my anxiety...keeping myself from getting too anxious (which makes me want to eat!)
All of these kind of add up to taking care of myself, loving myself.

How would you quantify a successful day if "measurements" were off the table?

No comments:

Post a Comment