Monday, September 16, 2013

Why are evenings so hard?!?

My mind is out of control!  Just read a GREAT article about why and what to do to combat it:
http://shawntalbott.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/womens-health-stress-oct2013.pdf

To begin, I've got a brain dump.  Hopefully this will be a good start to clearing my mind.

I have been out of control with food.  So many things on my mind today.  Maybe brain dumping in and of itself will stop my craziness and allow me to get back on track with normal eating.

Last night I ate half a block of cheese in front of the TV.  I won't tell you how big the block of cheese was :)  I clearly need a plan of action for the evenings.

I am pumping post-baby and I want to take advantage of this time and I am starting to panic because I don't know how long I will be able to pump and I believe that losing weight will be nearly impossible if I am not pumping (true or not? I have no idea).

I am concerned about my ability to be a normal eater.  I feel very out of touch with my body and my hunger right now.  I feel afraid I am never going to get there.

I have a long list of To Dos and they are freaking me out!  I have both personal and professional lists and am feeling overwhelmed.

So here's my plan of action:
  • Eat something.
  • Pump on time. Let's keep this going! 
  • Make my to do lists, get everything out of my head and on paper
  • Prioritize my lists.
  • Commit to completing at least one major and two minor things on each list.
  • Do one fun thing after each task is complete (nothing that takes too long)
  • Make a plan of action for success in the evenings
I have 10,000 things running through my  mind and I get all frenzied and then I eat eat eat!  And I think I become detached from everything I am trying to accomplish because it seems easier.

Today my mantra will be: "There is a lot to do but I have time and I will get it done."

Does anyone else get crazy like this?  How do you handle it?


No comments:

Post a Comment